Memory Care Clinic
Memory and thinking abilities inevitably decline with age. A Neuropsychological Assessment measures the amount of decline and lets you know whether it is normal for your age.
The Neuropsychological Assessment at the Carter Memory Care Clinic is conducted by highly trained and qualified experts. The assessment typically includes evaluation of the following:
- Memory (both short-term and long term)
- Attention and concentration
- Thinking speed
- Language and comprehension
- Spatial abilities
- Reasoning and Problem-solving
- Motor capabilities
- Emotional wellbeing
Each individual’s test results and treatment recommendations are reviewed with them in detail.
Who May Request an Assessment
Individuals may request a Neuropsychological Assessment at any stages of memory decline:
- Healthy, independently functioning adults who want to obtain a picture of their level of memory wellness.
- Individuals who want to obtain a “baseline” of their memory and thinking wellness to create a reference/comparison point for the future.
- Individuals noticing memory or other thinking changes who want to find out if these changes are normal.
- Individuals with substantial memory and other thinking problems looking for a diagnosis, information, treatment, and answers.
- Individuals diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment or dementia.
- Individuals struggling with stress, depression, anxiety, or other mood and behavior changes.
- Attorneys or Physicians.
How to Request an Appointment
Anyone may contact our office for an appointment, including the patient’s doctor, nurse, the patient him/herself, or family members.
today for an appointment:
- Neuropsychological Assessments for Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Individual and family counseling for individuals with memory and behavior changes.
- Dementia caregiver counseling, support, and eductation.
- Behavior modification therapy programs to help with behavior and personality changes that accompany dementia.
- Individual therapy for depression, anxiety, and other emotional complaints.
- Coordinating care with the individual’s doctors.
- Community referrals to doctors, rehabilitation, and community centers.
Estate Planning Services
- Neuropsychological Assessments for capacity to make decisions (e.g., write/ammend a will or trust, assign Power of Attorney).
- Consultations with attorneys.
- Referrals to attorneys for case-specific consultation.
Carter Psychology Center has now partnered with Freedom Village to offer Memory Care services onsite!